Wednesday, June 20, 2007

In my daughter's eyes

It has been said that children see their fathers with eyes of love. I've shared in the past that my children are currently on a kick where they refer to members of the immediate family by their corresponding "Incredibles" name. Amelia is Elastigirl, Ethan is Dash.... I am Mr. Incredible. I can't describe what a rush it is to come home each day and be tackled by three children yelling, "Mr. Incredible! You're home from work!"

So... last Saturday, I was visiting my sister Jennifer in San Antonio and she took me and MH out to the movies with her family. We watched "Rise of the Silver Surfer", the new Fantastic Four Marvel Comics movie. During one scene, Chris Evans, the actor who plays Johnny Storm, emerges from a shower wearing only a towel around his waist. As he playfully flirted with the female character on the screen, my precious daughter leaned over to me and whispered, "Daddy, that is what you look like when you get out of the shower."















Flattery will get you everywhere, kiddo. God bless the children!
-jeff

No comments: